home / Police Reports
Sheriff's Dept. & City Log
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
The following information is from reports from the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office and the Maricopa Police Department. Information available is limited.
2/05/09 Hidden Valley
- PCSO Deputies made an arrest for criminal speed on N. Warren Rd.
- Leandro Luna Sanchez, age 22, of Maricopa was arrested on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful flight from law enforcement.
- A male caller in the area of N. Green & W. Papago Rds. reported he was “surrounded by coyotes” and was afraid they were going to attack him.
- A utility problem was reported on W. Walker Way when a main gas valve was leaking. MFD responded.
- A vehicle was reported stolen from W. Robbins Dr.
- The parent of a 7-year-old daughter reported an assault. The girl was choked at school on Tuesday.
- A vehicle was reported stolen from W. Cowpath Dr.
- A utility problem was reported at Maricopa-CG Hwy. & Hwy. 347 when a transformer on a power pole exploded.
- Burglary to a home on N. Howell Dr. was reported.
- A dog bit a 12-year-old girl on W. Oster Dr.. The girl did not require an ambulance. Animal Control advised they would send an officer.
- A possible burglary-in-progress was reported on N. Primrose Dr. when the caller came home to find lights on and the doors of the house open.
- An animal problem was reported on N. Bustos Way when a vicious cat attacked a dog in the dog’s yard. PD was unable to reach Animal Control.
- Domestic violence was reported on W. Guilder Ave. when a father-in-law hit his daughter-in-law because “he didn’t like the way she looked at him.”
- A complaint of barking dogs after 9:30 P.M. was received from W. Cartegna Ln.
- A 2-year-old in the area of W. Juniper Ave. was having trouble breathing and coughing really hard. EMS responded.
- A medical emergency was reported when a 7-year-old male was having a seizure in the area of W. Knauss Dr. EMS and MFD responded.
- A vehicle was reported stolen from W. Laramie Rd.
- Michael Gomez Ramirez, age 26, of Stanfield was arrested on a warrant for interfering with a judicial proceeding.
2/07/09 Hidden Valley
- A complaint of a dog barking at 6:00 A.M. was received from W. Desert Fairways Dr.
- A medical emergency was reported when a baby in the area of W. Knauss Dr. was blue. EMS responded and a helicopter landing zone was set up.
- Theft of appliances was reported on N. Ibis Way.
- Theft was reported on N. Backus Dr. after the homeowner came home and found the back door open and several items missing.
- The school on W. Honeycutt Ave. reported students who were believed to be intoxicated.
- A complaint of a loud party after 11:30 P.M. was received from the area of W. Picasso St.
- About 5 to 7 juveniles were reported ringing doorbells and throwing rocks at houses after 11:30 P.M. on W. Zion Rd.
- A complaint of noise after 6:30 P.M. was received from the area of N. White Rd. & W. Mayer Blvd. when 5 to 7 vehicles were making a lot of noise “having a mud bog.”
- A report of a prowler was received from S. Green Rd.
- Shane Patrick Case, age 18, of Maricopa was arrested for unlawful flight from law enforcement.
- A report of domestic violence was received from the area of Murphy & Hartman when a female reported she was being beat up by her boyfriend.
- A complaint of loud music after 10:00 P.M. was received from the area of Raceway Bar & Grill.
- A call was received from the area of N. Warren & W. Farrell Rds. that a neighbor’s horse had returned without a rider. A second call was received later that the neighbors had located the rider who did not need medical attention.
- An employee’s vehicle was broken into in the parking lot of a business on N. John Wayne Pkwy.
- An assault was reported on N. Arbor Dr. The male victim was lying on the ground.
- A 5-month-old in the area of N. Gatun Ave. was having difficulty breathing. The call was put through to EMS.
- A complaint of loud music from a car radio after 2:30 P.M. was received from N. Donithan Way.
- Phoenix PD recovered a vehicle stolen from Maricopa.
- Assault between roommates was reported on N. Wilson St.
- A medical call was received for a 14-year-old having an asthma attack on W. Blazen Tr. EMS responded.
2/09/09 Hidden Valley
- Adrian Orosco, age 28, of Maricopa was arrested on a warrant for interfering with a judicial proceeding.
- Domestic violence was reported in the area of W. Morning View Ln. when a wife was assaulted by her husband.
- A complaint of a dog barking after 6:30 A.M. was received from W. Cartegna Ln. The caller stated the dog had been barking all night.
- EMS responded to a 13-year-old having an asthma attack in the area of N. Lousandra Dr.
- A juvenile problem was reported at the entrance to Rancho El Dorado when about 5 juveniles were shooting at birds with a pellet rifle.
- A structure fire was reported on N. John Wayne Pkwy. Southwest Gas responded from Casa Grande.
- A complaint of loud music after 9:30 P.M. was received from W. McClelland Dr.
- A caller in the area of W. Mayer Blvd. & Reggae Rd. reported cows in the back yard.
- A utility company problem was reported in the area of W. Javelina & N. Conejo Rds. when a line was down, possibly a phone line.
- Ruben Gomez, age 19, of Maricopa was arrested on multiple charges of possession of drug paraphernalia, disorderly conduct, and threatening/ intimidation.
- An ambulance was requested on N. Yaqui Way for an unknown medical emergency. A male had fallen and was unable to get up.
2/10/09 Hidden Valley
- A male subject on a quad ran into a mailbox on N. Brewer Rd. and injured himself. He refused EMS. A few minutes later a caller on N. Brewer Rd. reported criminal damage to the mailbox., stating that someone ran over it.
- Joel Hernandez Baustista, age 27, of Maricopa was arrested on charges of DUI and extreme DUI.
2/12/09 Hidden Valley
- The school reported an assault by an 11-year-old student on another student. The student used a weapon made of paper clips. The victim will require stitches in his face.
- Illegal shooting was reported in the area of N. Amarillo Valley & Clayton Rds. The caller stated the bullets were “right over her head.”
- An assault was reported on W. Papago Rd. when a vehicle tried to run over a person. The victim was not hit.
- A civil dispute over a vehicle was reported on W. Apache Dr.
Reports are from the Pinal County Sheriff's Office and the Maricopa Police Department.