home / Police Reports
Sheriff's Dept. & City Log
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
The following information is from reports from the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office and the Maricopa Police Department. Information available is limited.
8/05/09 Hidden Valley –
- A medical emergency was reported in the 54000 block of W. Prickly Pear Rd. when a 20-year-old male was having trouble breathing. Southwest Ambulance requested PCSO respond with them.
- A fire was reported in the area of N. Amarillo Valley & W. Dune Shadow Rds. The caller reported hearing an explosion prior to the fire. Thunderbird Fire responded. A second call was received 15 minutes later.
- A medical emergency was reported in the 2000 block of N. Mallee Pl. after a TV fell on a 2-year-old. The TV was taken off the child and the toddler was alert and conscious and had a nosebleed. Southwest Ambulance requested a helicopter respond.
- A vehicle rollover was reported in the area of W. Farrell & N. Ralston Rds. There was no one in the vehicle when officers responded.
- A 7-year-old on N. Saddleback Vista called and stated that he just woke up and couldn’t find his mom anywhere in the house or outside.
- A vehicle accident was reported at Hwy. 347 & Casa Blanca Rd. Although no injuries were reported, EMS responded because a male broke the windshield with his head.
- A traffic hazard was reported on N. John Wayne Pkwy. when the railroad crossing gates remained down with no train in sight.
- A truck on W. Wade Dr. was vandalized by being hit with large rocks. The windshield was broken but no items were taken.
- A vehicle accident involving a tanker truck occurred at N. John Wayne Pkwy. & W. Smith-Enke Rd. Liquid spilled all over the roadway.
- A traffic hazard was reported at Hwy. 238 & Ralston Rd. when the railroad crossing arms were stuck in the down position with no train in sight.
- An auto theft was reported on W. Blazen Tr.
8/06/09 Maricopa –
- Diane Marie Johnson, age 45, of Stanfield was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Stephanie Marie Johnson, age 23, of Maricopa was arrested on a fugitive warrant.
- A domestic dispute, a fight between brothers, was reported on W. Sky Ln.
- Criminal damage to a business on N. John Wayne Pkwy. was reported after a front window was shattered.
- A business on N. John Wayne Pkwy. reported criminal damage after two were windows were shattered over night.
- A medical call was received from W. Edwards Cir. for a 1-year-old with a fever. Maricopa Fire Department responded.
- A medical call was received from W. Balboa Dr. for a 1-year-old who fell and sustained a large bump on the head. The child has a history of a medical problem.
- A juvenile problem was reported on W. Oliveto Ave. when a 13-year-old female was out of control.
- A juvenile problem was reported on W. Hopper Dr. when a 16-year-old male was throwing things.
8/07/09 Maricopa –
- Assistance was requested in the 34000 block of W. Eclipse Rd. for a 3-year-old locked in a vehicle. The car was running.
- Juan Carlos Sandoval, age 30, of Maricopa was arrested on a warrant for DUI and probation violation.
- Burglary of a house in the 51000 block of W. Papago Rd. was reported.
- Domestic violence was reported on W. Morning View Ln. when an adult struck a 15-year-old.
- A complaint of a dog barking after 2:30 A.M. was received from W. Askew Dr. The caller stated it had been going on for about an hour.
- A caller reported that his trash can, stolen about 2 weeks ago from N. Madison Rd., was found in the possession of a neighbor.
- Criminal damage was reported on W. Elizabeth Dr. after the electrical wires in a framed house were cut.
- An automobile theft was reported on W. Desert Garden Rd.
- Theft of material was reported on W. Arizona Ct.
- A possible gas leak was reported on W. Gavilan Dr.
- A report of animal cruelty was received when a dog was locked in a car in the Walmart parking lot.
- A complaint of a pit bull running loose was received from W. Sparks Dr.
- A juvenile problem was reported on W. Alterra Pkwy. when several kids were throwing rocks at cars.
- A complaint of a barking dog after 11:30 P.M. was received from N. Gabriel Path.
8/08/09 Hidden Valley –
- An assault was reported in the 36000 block of W. Papago Dr.
- A complaint of loud music after 9:00 P.M. was received from the 52000 block of W. Val Vista Rd.
- A complaint of loud music after 10:30 P.M. was received from the area of S. Ralston Rd. & W. Bluejay St.
8/09/09 Hidden Valley –
- A complaint of a loud party, loud music, and a lot of traffic after 12:30 A.M. was received from W. Windrose Dr.
- A suicide attempt using pills and alcohol was reported on W. Canyon Creek Dr.
- Several calls were received from the area of N. Grantham Rd. reporting a low flying aircraft.
- An electrical fire inside a wall was reported on N. John Wayne Pkwy. Maricopa Fire Department responded.
- Several vehicles were tagged in the area of W. Arizona Ave.
- Criminal damage to a vehicle was reported on W. Arizona Ave. The vehicle was broken into and items were stolen.
- Criminal damage was reported on N. Santa Cruz Dr. after someone threw a rock at the window of a home.
- A vehicle was broken into on W. Arizona Ave. Nothing was taken from the vehicle, but an unknown weapon was found in the vehicle.
- A parent on W. Askew Dr. reported that a 14-year-old female was receiving threatening calls.
- Windows of a vehicle on N. Dallas Smith Ln. were broken out.
- A business on N. John Wayne Pkwy. received a report from a customer that a male subject tried to take her 7 year old grandson.
- A male subject flipped a quad in the area of W. Maricopa-CG Hwy. in front of Mobile Mini. Injuries were sustained, possibly a broken hip.
- A business on N. John Wayne Pkwy. reported a male subject sitting in the back of the store drinking.
- A juvenile runaway was reported on W. Olivo St. The 14-year-old male went out the bedroom window.
- A complaint of loud music after 10:30 P.M. was received from W. Griffis Dr.
- A complaint of criminal damage done by tenants was received from the 49000 block of W. Julie Ln.
- A complaint of loud music after 9:00 A.M. was received from the 51000 block of W. Bluejay St.
- A vehicle was reported stolen from the 100 block of S. Conejo Rd.
8/10/09 Hidden Valley –
- A complaint of loud music after midnight was received from W. Miramar Rd.
- A fight at a large party on W. Cartegna Ln. was reported.
- A business on N. John Wayne Pkwy. reported a theft of beer.
- A burglary was reported on W. Rancho El Dorado.
- Burglary to a vehicle on W. Windmill Dr. was reported. The subjects left a cell phone.
- Bikes were stolen out of a pickup truck on N. Alma Dr.
- A medical call was received from N. Madison Rd. after a female fell and possibly broke a leg.
- Firearms shooting was reported in the area of the 50500 block of W. Bitter Root Rd.
8/11/09 Hidden Valley –
- An 8-year-old was reported missing from the school on N. Alterra Pkwy. The child was a new student.
- A stove on fire was reported on W. Chambers Dr. Although the fire was put out, Maricopa Fire Department responded.
- A found child was reported in the area of Art Pl. & W. Dennis Ln. The child was a 5-year-old who was lost, possibly from the wrong school bus. A few minutes later, a parent from Saddleback Elementary reported a 5-year-old not on the bus.
- A medical call was received from W. Sagebrush Tr. for a male who was not breathing and unconscious. EMS was advised.
- Trespassing was reported on Lococo St & White and Parker when people were in the community pool who did not live in the community.
- Burglary to a foreclosed home on W. Bowlin Rd. was reported. A hot tub and other items were stolen and windows were broken.
- Burglary to a home on W. Knauss Dr. was reported.
- An ATV and other items were reported stolen from the 53600 block of W. Barrel Rd.
- Ceasar Federico Favela, age 19, of Maricopa was arrested on charges of burglary and theft of means of transportation.
- Jason Mathew Klidy, age 28, of Maricopa was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- A theft was reported at the High School on Honeycutt Ave.
- A found child was reported on Alamendras St. It was thought that the 6-year-old got off the bus at the wrong stop.
- A 7-year-old was reported missing in the area of Windrose Dr. & Brittlebrush when the child did not arrive on the school bus.
- Vandalism was reported on W. Holly Dr. when juveniles were throwing rocks into the roadway and crushing them with their skateboards.
- An animal problem was reported when 2 javelinas were on W. Bailey Dr.
- A utility problem was reported when water was coming out of a house on La Paz.
- Criminal damage to vacant house on W. Palmyra Ln. was reported.
- An adult male on W. Woody Rd. was bitten by a dog. Animal Control was paged.
8/12/09 Hidden Valley –
- A pump, pipes, and other items were stolen from the area of W. Russell Rd. & Selma Hwy.
- Burglary to a home in the 6000 block of N. Poplar was reported. A TV, guns, and laptop were among the items taken.
8/13/09 Hidden Valley –
- A male juvenile offender, age 16, of Maricopa was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
- A complaint of loud people after midnight was received from N. Larkspur Dr.
- A complaint of loud music after 12:30 A.M. was received from W. Oster Dr.
- Ak-Chin Police Department requested an agency assist at the Casino Hotel.
- A domestic dispute was reported on W. Mary Lou Dr. when a girlfriend was cutting up the boyfriend’s clothes with scissors.
- Assistance was requested on W. Cheyenne Dr. for an 18-month-old locked in a vehicle. The A/C was not on, but the vehicle was in the garage.
- Theft of electricity was reported on W. Miller Way after an electrical box was broken into.
- A 7-year-old on W. Santa Fe Ave. reported that she was home alone after her grandfather left her to go to the store.
- Assistance was requested on N. John Wayne Pkwy. for a dog locked in a vehicle. The vehicle was running with the A/C on, but the vehicle was going to run out of gas.
- A suspicious vehicle was reported on W. Cobblestone Farms Dr. when a man in a pickup truck had been watching a girl for 10 minutes.
- A juvenile problem was reported at the park on N. DR Horton Dr. when juveniles were digging up the landscaping to make bike ramps.
- A fight was reported at a bar on N. John Wayne Pkwy.
- A refrigerator was reported stolen from the 9000 block of N. Deer Tr.
- A possible structure fire was reported in the area of W. Wildwood and S. Ruby Rds. A second call confirmed that this fire was to a vacant home on S. Ruby Rd.
- An attempted theft of a ground water well motor from S. Russell Rd. was reported.
Microsoft Office Online
Reports from the Pinal County Sheriff's Office and the Maricopa Police Department.