home / Health
Free Diabetes Education Program tackles eating during the holidays
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
FLORENCE, AZ – The holidays can difficult for people living with diabetes. The food, snacks, and desserts seem to be everywhere from the workplace to friends’ homes.
The Pinal County Public Health District’s Diabetes Education program is hosting free group classes for diabetics. The groups meet once a month and feature an educational topic, a question and answer session along with free healthy snacks.
This month’s topic is: Surviving the Holidays with Diabetes.
All diabetics are encouraged to attend and share their experiences and how they’re coping with diabetes.
The support groups will meet at the following locations:
If you would like to know more about the Diabetes Education Program, call Mary Gonzales at 1-800-231-8499 ext. 7338 or email email@example.com.
- Mammoth: Thursday, November 10, 1:00 P.M., Mammoth Town Hall; 125 North Clark Street
- Eloy/Toltec: Thursday, November 17, 10:00 A.M., Eloy/Toltec Adult Center; 3925 North Shira Street
- Maricopa: Thursday, November 17, 3:00 P.M., Maricopa Public Library; 41600 West Smith-Enke Road
- Casa Grande: Wednesday, November 23, 3:00 P.M., Casa Grande Public Library – APS Community Room; 449 North Drylake Street
- Superior: Tuesday, November 29, 10:00 A.M., Superior Senior Center; 326 Main Street